Monday, June 17, 2013

Pancake.

Ok so I know some of you are really sick of seeing me post stuff about my bike. But guess what guys? I'm just way too excited about it still, to no post! Guys, I bought a motorcycle. Just let that sink in for a sec... Could anyone imagine I would do such a thing? I coudn't until recently. Jer introduced me to riding last summer, and I fell in love with it. It's super freeing and fun and scary. It's a challenge to overcome and you can always improve. My new favorite saying is "If you ain't crashing, you ain't learning." I crash a lot.

Anyway, this is Pancake, my beautiful Kawasaki 250f. She's an 2004. I love her. This is the day I purchased her. Now now now, before we get too carried away, and think Nichole is crazy and just went out and bought any old motorcycle she pleased, you're wrong. I had my trusty mechanic Jeremy come along with me to test out the bike before I bought it. Since, lets be honest, I know nothing about the mechanics of a bike. Except good news, I'm learning. I now kinda know how to change my oil filter, put the coolant stuff in it, fill it up with gas (as long as my gas can works), screw in the screws, and stuff like that. Hey, I'm practically an expert! ;)
 So Jer is kind enough to let me borrow all his spare gear when we go riding. So maybe I didn't think that part through when I bought the bike... But, I now have my own knee guards, elbow guards, and a really big jersey. So hey, I'm getting there. I am also accepting donations.

I think this was my first ride on Pancake ever. We went up Pole Haven. It was so great to ride my own bike and not be worried about breaking someone else's.
 Brock was even able to come with us on a ride. He rode Jer's cute little 100. I called my bike Mamacakes and Brocks bike babycakes on that ride. Cute huh? Side note, Brock freaking rocked! This was his first legitimate motorcycle ride and he was amazing! I was a little put out on how well he did because I did horrible my very first ride. But hey I gotta hand it to him, he has no fear. But I'm still cooler than him ;)
 This is one of our more recent rides. Do you like my flowing hair? I do. I wore a bandanna under my helmet and it sure did help the frizz factor.
 Look at me and Jade! She came riding with us too! I wish I was as good as her! Pink and Blue power rangers baby! She is so beautiful. Love my Jadey!
This is just another selfie of Pancake. 
Wanna hear about my some of my crashes? Ok. Well one time we were out on the west side of Utah lake and I was going into this corner. But I got a little nervous and went up on the berm and hit my front brake to hard so I crashed. Except I whipped my head into the ground and I'm pretty sure I got a minor concussion from that. Helmets rule people.
Another one, is actually when I went on the ride with Brock. He was doing really well and was ahead of me so I was going fast to catch up with him. I went into a corner too fast and crashed and sprained my thumb. That was probably the most painful crash. My thumb is still not what is should be, but it's getting better.
The most recent crash is when I was going really fast on this dirt road. But bad news, I didn't see the little baby woops ahead, so I hit those lost my balance and crashed. I made a dirt mushroom cloud on that one. I just got this gash thing on my leg but good news, my dad has duoderm and it healed up quite nicely.

Good thing I wear all of my protective gear, right?

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Nichole-xoxo

This is the song I'm obsessed with right now. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment