Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hope in Heartbreak

Some of you may know, I recently became unengaged to my fiance.  It was a shock to me and I think I am still in shock. It's crazy spending a year of your life with someone, planning your life with their's and the BAM it's over very suddenly, and kind of out of left field. The emotions you feel are widely ranged. From sadness, anger, heartbreak, and feeling totally crushed.  It makes your heart literally hurt. 

I know I'm not the first person to go through this, and I won't be the last. It's hard getting use to the idea of not seeing your dear friend every day.  Stopping your almost finished wedding plans and continuing on with life.  But you have to. You have no option. This is why I am forever and eternally grateful for my family and friends that have reached out to me in my time of need. When I came home that Sunday night sobbing, my parents came running down the hall to help me. My dad encircled me with his arms and helped me to my room since my legs were like jello from the shock.  My parents sat there with me while I just cried.  They offered loving words and kindness. 
I am so happy that I have brothers who try and cheer me up. I love everyone of them.
I am grateful for the inspiration of my Bishop. He texted me right when all of this was going on asking if I was ok.  I consider this a tender mercy from my Heavenly Father.
I had my good friends call me that night, (and it was well past midnight) to see if they could help or just listen to me cry.
The next day I recieved four bouqets of flowers and some icecream. If that doesn't cheer you up, I don't know what will.
Then all of  the kind messages I received on Facebook from people who care about me.  I'll insert a few to show you some examples.

“Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don’t want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they just take the rotten apples from the ground that aren’t as good, but easy…….so, the apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they’re AMAZING. They just have to wait for the right guy to come along, the one who’s brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree….”


"I love you like a little sister. I can say I felt a real similar pain and it is the worst, a broken heart is the worst pain I have ever felt. I didn't know why I had to go through that pain and you won't either, but just know you will grow from this and you will end up happier than ever believe me because I didn't think I could find a greater man until I met Brad. You will realize maybe why he wasn't the best for you. Heavenly Father knows us better than anyone. I love you to death and hate to see you hurt!"


"Just want to let you know i'm thinking of you, Hope your doing well. Love you cute girl : )"

These just a FEW examples of what has been said to me. I couldn't be more grateful. My heart is truly full of gratitude.

In the midst of all this, there is my Savior. Who is always there. I imagine him sitting by me while I'm crying, putting a comforting hand on my shoulder saying "I know how you feel, it will get better, put your trust in me."  I just need to have hope and faith that everything will work out.

"Hope is an abiding trust that the Lord will fulfill His promises to you. It is manifest in confidence, optimism, enthusiasm, and patient perseverance... When you have hope, you work through trials and difficulties with the confidence and assurance that all things will work together for your good. Hope helps conquer discouragement."

I hope I can exemplify this quote by staying positive and being patient.  I don't know why this trial is in my life right now, but I can't wait to see what comes from it. I just wish there was a fastforward button to get away from the pain. haha.

I feel no ill-will towards my ex-fiance and truly do wish him the best in his life.

Again, thank you so much to all of you that have reached out to me. I have had moments of complete peace and also moments of crushing hurt. I think the sting will be here for awhile, but I will overcome it. Please continue to help me through this, and help me stay positive.  I know I will have good and bad days. I just hope the good will out-weigh the bad. I'll have to get use to my left hand feeling a little  lighter, but I will always know, I am one lucky girl.
Love always,
Nichole

If you would like to watch an amazing video on hope, click this link, you won't be dissapointed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbsU3b2srQA

2 comments:

  1. Nichole! I am so sorry! I know it can't be easy to go through this. You are an amazing girl! Hang in there. Our thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you are hurting but know that "all these things shall give thee experience." The good news, Cory won't miss your wedding and you have time now to come hang with us.....bring it!

    ReplyDelete