Saturday, March 5, 2011

Dreamin is as Dreamin does.

Dreams are so crazy. I think dreams tell us what we really want. Except what is a dream? I found a definition on Wikipedia.

--->Dreams: are a succession of images, ideas, emotions and sensations occurring involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep. The content and purpose of dreams are not yet understood, though they have been a topic of speculation and interest throughout recorded history. The scientific study of dreams is known as oneirology.

So, when you're dreaming, you have no control over what  your dream is about. You can't change anything that's going on. Does this mean that dreams tell you what you really want? Is it your subconcious telling you/helping you make a decision? OR are dreams just there for you to be entertained while you sleep and have not meaning at all?

I'm not quite sure. Because recently, I have had dreams about things that have happened to me. Only the situation I am in is warped by my mind and there are key things that are different or a different emotion or idea that comes to my head. Is this my "concious" trying to tell me something? GAH, I don't know. Maybe I'm look to far into dreams. Hmm. Well until I can figure it out, just keep dreaming on.

1 comment:

  1. I hate it when that happens! You keep wondering: is this is a sign or is this just something that is meant to plague my thoughts for a while?! :) I think dreams are usually just ideas or funny twists of your memories/ideas like you said. But...every once in a while you do have a dream that leaves a deep impression on you. Those sometimes tell you things or the feeling of the dream tells you things. Does that even make sense?! LOL. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete